The Mysterians, 1957
Released by Toho Studios on December 28, 1957.
Japanese science fiction film which had a long life as a second run film in the United States and played well into the 1970s as a revival film around the world. It is a time-capsule of the atomic fears of the '50s and is particularly an insight into Japanese fears about the results from the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
The Mysterians are a technologically advanced alien super-race that has been poisoned by past nuclear wars, leaving them marooned on the planet Mars (their own planet was destroyed) and the majority of their group unable to reproduce. Coming to earth, they threaten the planet with devastation unless their demand that they be allowed to marry healthy earth women is met.
Original Page October 2014
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- Cat-Women of the Moon - 1953
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial